As always, the devil's in the detail, so here are our terms and conditions. As a small, friendly business, we are prepared to be flexible wherever possible.
- Once we have an idea of what you require, we will give you an estimated cost. A 10% deposit is payable to secure the date.
- If you decide on a different number or combination of musicians, or would like a soloist, the price will be adjusted at final payment. Once we have given you advice, suggestions or any other services, the deposit will not be refundable should you decide not to hire Hark! to perform at your wedding.
- We will invoice you for the balance around a month before the wedding, and expect payment by electronic transfer within 14 days. In the unlikely event that the wedding is cancelled, or Hark! are not required, we will not normally be able to offer you a refund at this stage. Like all service providers, we may have turned down other engagements on that date in order to perform at your wedding, and are unlikely to get other work at such short notice.
- The cost of sheet music for most popular wedding repertoire is included in the price but, if you wish a special arrangement, or if we have to order a piece that we don't have, we will let you know the additional cost of this service.
- Many photographers also make a video recording (with audio) of the ceremony, and there will be an additional cost for a recorded performance. We also preview any material featuring Hark! that is intended to appear on social media, and reserve the right to refuse permission for this.
- If your wedding is outside Glasgow, we may have to charge travelling expenses, which will be included in our initial estimate of the cost. Overnight accommodation may be required depending on the location and time of the wedding. We will need access to the venue for rehearsal in situ before the wedding.
- We are happy to liaise with you by phone, email, or over a coffee in the West End of Glasgow. Tinderbox is a favourite venue for discussing wedding music!